Anxiety Can Be Confusing
Anxiety has many characteristics and can be a confusing problem for many people. This is because some anxiety, while considered a “negative” emotion, is actually hardwired into us and it is actually essential for performance and to function in the world. Not all anxiety requires anxiety treatment.
Anxiety Disorders on the other hand, have characteristics that are often disproportionate in intensity or duration to the actual circumstances around it. It can involve thoughts that other people think are distorted or don’t “fit” the situation but seem very real to you. Anxiety can also have a very unique characteristic in that you can become anxious about being anxious!
How do I know if I need Anxiety Treatment?
The answers to the following questions should help you find out if you suffer from anxiety and could benefit from anxiety treatment :
- Do you feel tense, worried, fretful, even when people reassure you?
- Do you wake up early in the morning, ruminating about work or other problems?
- Do you pay special attention to avoiding things that make you frightened?
- Do you worry about and react to things that haven’t happened yet?
- Do you worry about freak accidents or terrible things happening to your family or friends?
- Are you driving your family crazy with obsessing, and planning, avoiding germs, and double checking?
- Have you been to the emergency room more than once because you think you are dying?
- Do you feel like your anxiety is getting worse or interfering with your relationships?
Although most anxiety symptoms are understandable, and even justified given the severity of a person’s life or history, serious, pervasive and persistent symptoms can create tremendous day-to-day difficulty.
It is important to note that anxiety can also be caused by or a side effect of various medical conditions, medication or substance use, and is often a feature of many mental health conditions such as Bipolar Disorder, Major Depression, or Personality Disorders.
Know when to get Anxiety Treatment:
Below are some of the commonly reported symptoms of Anxiety:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Easily startled
- Constant worry and fretting
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Always planning for the worst
- Rapid heart-beat
- Inability to relax
- Increase need for alcohol or medication
- Dry mouth, sweaty hands, muscle tension
- Frequent Nausea or Headache
There is Hope for Anxiety with Anxiety Treatment in San Jose
If you or someone you know needs anxiety treatment for symptoms of anxiety, it can help to investigate the particular way that your symptoms occur with a trained psychotherapist who is skilled at diagnosing anxiety or panic disorders and can distinguish them from other conditions.
Anxiety treatment that includes careful assessment along with an evidence based treatment protocol can help you create a more relaxed and joyful life.
CriticalPath Counseling utilizes the most cutting edge anxiety treatment for people with anxiety disorders, including those people who have chronic, treatment resistant anxiety which occurs in Bipolar Disorder and Personality Disorders.
We utilize some of the best, most well researched anxiety treatments and are well connected to a community of other specialists in anxiety treatment to whom we refer when necessary for additional specialization.